Friday, 4 May 2007

Wild West

One hun'erd and fifty years ago, when I was young and gold, I danced in a blue and gilded desert.

I met a girl who was a flurry of scarlet and white. Like a cherry red bustle of camelias. Like a shine of pure gardenias. Like a polarised crimson shock of peonies.

My shins were snakeskin and dusty heeled. Smile toothed and eye-whites we were.

Spinning like cactus hummingbirds, or dervishes.

Never more polite.

3 comments:

Inconsequential said...

much better thanks :)

well, sort of...

hurts to laugh.
so what good is life?
without laughter?

then again, it's funny, to be laughed at when laughing in pain.

Pod said...

poor inc! haha!

i know a girl like this too.

and last night when i was running in the twilight thru the trees with a heavy orange moon straining to lift itself higher, i am sure i caught you watching, then dodge behind a trunk when i almost saw you??

Pod said...

tis five years today (tues) since little moth flew away. i had a stroll in the wildwood
;0)