Monday, 21 May 2007

I am a robot

I could very easily have written a massive post here about how so many things in the world of commerce make me want to thrash the ground viciously with a long stick while making screams and howls in the direction of the enemy, but I prefer it hard.

Microsoft have bought a company who do electronic advertising, for $3.5 billion of your Earth Dollars. They would only do that if they were assured that they could recoup at least $4 billion dollars themselves from advertising.

Just think of the marketing joy that is to come. No. I said I wouldn't start ranting...

At the weekend I dug out a little blue box that I've had for some time, called a "Behringer GDI21" that is a rip off of a device by a company called SansAmp. It emulates the ballpark sound of three classic types of guitar amplifiers; Fenders, Marshalls, and Vox amps.

I also have a nice guitar called a Danelectro that is wonderfully retro. When I play this guitar through the blue box, set for Vox with hi-gain and Mic emulation set to the centre of the speaker cone, boy! Let me tell you! It does clean up snow! Fabbers. I spent nearly two hours playing it.

What I loved about the sound was the rich, rich lows; all frothy and glittery with overdrive, but the highs were still sparkling clear.

I ended up cycling through a minor blues with a couple of turnarounds in there...
Emin, Amin, Emin, Amin, Emin, Bmin, Amin
Cmaj7, Bmaj, Emin, Amaj, Emin, B7 and back again.

You would like me if you could hear me play guitar for you. I transcend myself.

Anyway, the soundbyte from the soapbox today is: advertising is next to godliness. It will inherit the Earth.

I can't wait until they invent metamarketing.

When that day comes we'll know the rarified peak of sophistication and humanity.

No comments: