I spent the weekend doing unspeakably dull things.
However there was an exception. I spent several hours creating Disco music. I was careful to ensure a disrespectful level of musical mixed metaphors - some filters of the seventies, some Nile Rodgers guitar (chakka chakka chakka) of the same era but perhaps timeless anyway, some lovely eighties-sounding choral samples, and, of course, some nineties bass synth sounds. And finally some sonic jokes and some metal guitar to add shine.
I've been spending too much time reading up on Aeschylus recently. It's put me back into the frame of mind that while everything is miraculous it is also utterly dark at the same time. This has been clouding my judgement of late. Just because there is winter there is no reason not to enjoy the summer.
I have to tell you that there are a number of aspects of my life that give me immeasurable joy on a daily basis.
But what I wanted to say was that I was deeply moved by Pod's five years. If it's any consolation there is nothing darker, more lovely, more spectacular, or more beautiful than a thinking, feeling soul.
Dance on, brothers and sisters. It's disco time.
Tuesday, 8 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
It there were no winter, how could you ever enjoy summer?
My latest efforts to simplify the world (a futile task) include thoughts about how if there is a Big Truth, it's Paradox. Paradox is truth.
But ... whenever I think about it, I have to wonder, how does that help me?
Disco is a wonderful tonic - thank you for reminding me. Do you ever record and put music on the internet? I would love to hear you play!
As Jarvis Cocker once said, "I'll see what I can do."
I suspect that one of the defining properties of human existance is indeed, as you say Reya, paradox.
Hello! by the way! Come in and have a cup of tea.
SHEZZA - yes it never ends. we just get along and still have our moments. i had a lovely dream on the anniversary. i was back at home, all snuggly and safe in bed, and i crept into her bedroom and she was lying asleep. i touched her lovely auburn hair, and she stirred a little, but i said 'it's ok, go back to sleep. i love you'. there was a flicker of a smile as she returned to sleepiness. i was really there. it was very real. thank you for showing me the other moth. how amazing. i think one day, someone will find our fossils (mine and yours) in the wildwood, and they will gaze for hours in awe, and marvel at our beauty and try to imagine what we were like.......thanks for your understanding shez, you know how much i appreciate it.
you are a wonderfully fine specimen of a gentleman. knowing you makes things seem so much bigger
x
What a lovely thing to say, Pod.
tis truth! tis truth!
i sobbed yesterday after listening to 'dull flame of desire' from bjork's new album. have you heard it? it is just lovely
hope you are well my friend!
Listening to it now as we speak.
I love the Victorian sounding brass on it. I do like bjork. She is always provocative in lots of ways.
i love the brass too, though i usually don't like wind instruments. my own wind however provides great amusement in quiet moments
Post a Comment