If we accept the fact that blogs are largely exercises in self-publicity, written for whatever reason we choose for needing to create them, it always strikes me as rather odd that anyone should go to the doubly pointless lengths of creating a Corporate Blog.
Corporate Blogs strike me as nothing more than Marketing gone apeshit. Does anyone really want to hear the latest gossip about a product that may or may not exist in the future, described by snow-moustachioed Marketing Types who don't actually understand what they're talking about? Is this a snake that eats its own tail? It all smells a bit of enforced uniform-wearing to me.
My car has developed a mysterious lake in the foot well of the rear seat on the passenger side. I am unable to say how it got there. I can find no channels of damp, no holes, no gaps. I've also asked a few more technically minded types than I to take a look. Nobody can find the source of the water. It is getting deeper though. I suppose it must be an act of God.
I should be thankful for the water really what with global climate change and temperature increases. If Britain becomes a desert overnight I can rent the foot well out to people with disabilities so that they can bathe in its vivifying waters and receive the miracle of Christ unto them for their deliverance. For a reasonable fee.
At the weekend I had intended to explore all the presets in some software I have that emulates the sound of a Hammond organ. I never managed it though. My main window of opportunity was Saturday and I was unfortunately inflicted with a quadruple migraine, one attack immediately following the last, complete with zig-zaggy aurae and blindspots, tingling hands, incoherent speech, and hammer to the skull and knives behind the eyes headaches. Remove all zig for great justice.
When it comes to migraines I'm quite tough. They don't frighten me like they used to. I just scoff at them and carry on. For the most part this works and I am hardly ever ill now for more than twenty minutes. This speight of them was more tenacious than usual though! The worst I've ever had.
On Saturday a sparrowhawk caught, and with it gripped in its talons, flew off, with a small songbird out of my garden. In ancient times this would have signified something of great import; clearly an omen. I've taken it as a sign that I should stay off alcohol for a while. Unfortunately I am already regretting this diagnosis.
I've also decided not to smoke any fags for a while. It is now seven hours since I had one. I am also starting to regret this decision. The only good reason that I can think of, in the light of cold turkey, for not smoking, is to piss off other smokers when the ban happens and we're all complaining about it. A sort of double contrariness.
Have you ever seen a hedgehog running? I saw one last night. You wouldn't believe how fast they go.
One of the things I really do need though is more sleep. Have you got any to spare? Perhaps we could share some. Or perhaps that would be a bit saucy.
Monday, 14 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
:)
three weeks three days and approx an hour since my last ciggy.
I still regret the lack of choice.
i think the mysterious puddle is a portal to another place, like the pools in 'the magician's nephew'. i recommend putting a lid on it overnight incase someone pops up.....
My nan always said that hedgehogs running was when they were wearing their welly boots. If you look when they run, they do look like they have wellies on. How unbearably cute!!
So glad you've come back sherry. Let's all have a toast. To sipping and joy.
Take care dear friendyxx
I'm sure the grammar of that last comment was very dubious. Oh well. I'll let myself off as it is early. Well, that's my excuse anyhow.
Or too much sherry for breakfast.
Now for a sip of tea and a home baked scone. In the window of a cottage, which smells of honey. Ah look, the conch in the garden...the sweet smell of wet grass and a wagtail whatyouwill.
Lovely.
Corporate blogs aren't blogs, they are gruesome facsimiles of blogs. They frighten me.
When my car developed leaks, puddles, and finally mildew, I got rid of it. I haven't looked back on that day. Cars are wicked creatures, even when they don't leak.
I love your plan to turn it into a healing well. Excellent! Hope your headache has subsided.
Post a Comment